adsense

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Random Thoughts: Economic Importance of Mosquitoes


On this very day with my random thought garb on. I wandered round and took a screeching halt at the mosquito door step.

Here was my thought:

What are the positive economic importance of mosquitoes (sef)?

I began to wonder what exactly they were, definitely there has to be some, else, we would be confabulating wiping them out thoroughly out of the face of the earth. Extinction!

Like the scientists will spell it out, the first thing to do is to discover the problem, which I have done. Now I did some little guess work myself before I researched further on the topic.

As a pointer, I'm not here to deliberate on their damaging role as vectors and transmitters of malaria infections. But I must also bring to your notice that in an area where there are no disease or infected person, mosquitoes cannot harm anybody as they can not transmit any harmful disease to anybody.

As part of their useful role;

*The larvae of mosquitoes live in water and provide food for fish and other wildlife, including larger larvae of other species such as dragonflies.

*The larvae themselves eat microscopic organic matter in the water, helping to recycle it.

*Adult mosquitoes make up part of the diet of some insect-eating animals, such as birds, bats, adult dragonflies and spiders.

*They also help pollinate some flowers, when they consume nectar.

These reasons explains why we will never have any agitation for ridding them out for extinction or any international agency being set up for their complete eradication.

Sadly, in as much as they cause so many havoc as regards health hazards and death to the environment in terms of spread of diseases, they are equally of great importance to you and I.

My conclusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...